Full NameMohammed Aamir Hussain Khan
Nickname(s)Mr. Perfectionist, The Choco Boy
Physical Stats & More
Height (approx.)in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
Weight (approx.)in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
Body Measurements (approx.)- Chest: 40 inches
– Waist: 30 inches
– Biceps: 13 inches
Physical Transformations• For ‘Ghajini’ (2008)
This was the first time when the actor made headlines for his physical transformation. His chiseled eight-pack abs suited well to his character of a wrecked lover that he played in the film, and it became a sensation among the youth and other actors in the industry. Moreover, the Ghajini hairstyle crated a stir among his fans.
• For ‘3 Idiots’ (2009)
To play a college student in the film, Aamir shed his eight-pack abs physique, that he built to play an intense character in Ghajini, and became lean and lanky for the role.
• For ‘PK’ (2014)
To play the role of an alien in the film, the actor lost several kilos of weight to get a perfect shape for the character. His long ears in the film added extra badge to the character.
• For ‘Dangal’ (2016)
To play an old wrestler in the film, he had to look strong yet aged. To get a slat and pepper look for the role, the actor had to gain a lot of weight. This transformation of his held the audience spellbound.
• For ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ (2018)
This time, the actor appeared in a fit and agile looking body with a nose pin, earrings, messy curly hair, and a handlebar moustache. This transformation left the audience speechless yet again.
• For ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ (2020)
The actor left the audience mesmerised once again when he played a Sardar in the film with a full grown beard and hair; the film is an adaptation of the 1994 American film Forrest Gump.
DebutFilm (child actor): Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973)
Film (actor) Holi (1984)
Film (producer): Lagaan (2001)
TV: Satyamev Jayate (2014)
1989: Best Male Debut for Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
1997: Best Actor for Raja Hindustani
2002: Best Actor for Lagaan
2007: Best Actor (Critics) for Rang De Basanti
2008: Best Director for Taare Zameen Par
2017: Best Actor for Dangal
2002: Film Lagaan was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film
BIG Star Entertainment Awards
2010: BIG Star – Film Actor of Decade (Male)
2003: Padma Shri by the Government of India
2009: Raj Kapoor Smriti Vishesh Gaurav Puraskar by the Government of Maharashtra
2010: Padma Bhushan by the Government of India
2017: National Treasure of India by the Government of China
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
Date of Birth14 March 1965
Age (as of 2021)56 Years
School(s)• J.B. Petit School, Mumbai (pre-primary education)
• St. Anne’s High School, Mumbai (till the eighth grade)
• Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai (ninth and tenth grade)
College/UniversityNarsee Monjee College, Mumbai
Educational Qualification12th Standard
EthnicityMixed (mainly Pathan)
Food HabitVegetarian (at the age of 50, he decided to quit non-vegetarian)
Address2, Hill View Apartments, Opposite Mehboob Studio, Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
HobbiesListening Old Music, Watching Movies, Playing Chess, Tennis and Cricket
Controversies• Allegations by his brother Faisal Khan: Aamir Khan faced public insult when his brother Faisal Khan blamed him for captivating him in the house and vigorously giving him pills saying that he is mentally ill. The stuff even reached the court, and his guardianship was given to his father. However, his father gave the liability back to Aamir.
• Named his dog after Shah Rukh: Aamir had previously called Shah Rukh Khan a dog while declaring that he had named his dog after him. Later, he apologised to Shah Rukh and his family by visiting Shah Rukh’s home.
• Indians are intolerant: In December 2015, he made a public statement that he thinks Indians are getting intolerant; the statement received heavy criticism on social media.
• Writer Jessica Hines’ claim that he fathered her son: During the shoot of Ghulam, Aamir attracted controversy when famous writer Jessica Hines claimed that Aamir was the father of her son Jaan. It was featured in Stardust magazine that Aamir was madly in love with her and they were in a live-in relationship. When Jessica got pregnant, things got changed and Aamir forced him to abort the child, but she ignored his decision and gave birth to a baby boy to which Aamir never agreed. However, Jessica has also never publicly accepted it but also has never denied it.
Relationships & More
Affairs/Girlfriends• Reena Dutta
• Kiran Rao
Marriage Date(s)First Wife: 18 April, 1986
Second Wife: 28 December, 2005
Wives/Spouse(s)• First Wife: Reena Dutta (m.1986 – div. 2002)
• Second Wife: Kiran Rao (m.2005; div. 2021)
(Note: Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao announced their separation in a joint statement on 3 July 2021.)
• Junaid Khan (from First Wife)
• Azad Rao Khan (from Second Wife)
• Ira Khan (from First Wife)
ParentsFather– Late Tahir Hussain (film producer)
Mother– Zeenat Hussain
• Faisal Khan (younger)
• Farhat Khan
• Nikhat Khan (both younger)
FoodIndian and Moghlai dishes, Dal and rice
Restaurant(s)Frangipani at the Trident (Mumbai), India Jones (Mumbai)
Tennis PlayerRoger Federer
Destination(s)Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani
WriterLav Nikolayevich Tolstoy
Board GameSettlers of Catan
Song”Oh Re Taal Mile” from the film Anokhi Raat (1968)
Cars CollectionMercedes Benz S600, Bentley Continental,
Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom,
Land Rover Range Rover SUV, BMW 6 series
Salary (approx.)$8.06 million (INR 60 crore/film)
Net Worth (approx.)$200 million (INR 1302 crore)
Meet Aamir Khan's son Junaid Khan
unaid Khan is the elder son of Aamir Khan and Reena Dutta. They got married on 18 April 1986. They have two children, a son named Junaid and a daughter, Ira. Aamir’s son Junaid Khan is making his bollywood debut as an assistant to Raj Kumar Hirani on his next project Peekay, starring his father and Anushka Sharma in main leads.