If you are in or from India and you want to experience the thrill of skydiving in india then you are reading the best article on the internet.
Is skydiving available in India?
Yes! To be frank, Skydiving is available in India and a vast majority of the people don’t know about it. However, all sorts of skydiving aren’t available in India.
For those adventure lovers out there, if you want to experience beautiful aerial views along with the awesome thrilling experience then, Skydiving is for you.
As history says, it all started in the year 1797 when André-Jacques Garnerin had put on his self-made parachute and jumped out of a hydrogen balloon flying 3,200 feet over Paris.
This activity made his name in history as the first man to fly from such a high altitude using his self-engineered parachute.
This very first recorded free fall jump is attributed to Leslie Irvin at 1919 along with the earliest skydives back to the 1930s.
Although, this was the matter of the extreme past. But as of now, doing Skydiving is a very popular and well-recognized adventure activity done all across the globe and is at its beginning stage in India.
So, if you are still curious about skydiving in India, then read this post and bookmark it for later reference.
So, keep reading and start gathering much more information about it.
SKYDIVING IN INDIA
A Complete Guide To Skydiving In India
About Skydiving in India
The concept of skydiving in India is still at a very nascent stage. This activity is very popular and interesting to do here in India as well, just like any other place in the world.
Though skydiving in India is still a new idea, there are a couple of areas where it is possible to take a dip from 10,000 feet above in the sky.
Thousands of tourists from all over the world come to India and enjoy some of the most rejoicing and interesting moments while doing skydiving.
From booking to doing the jump, everything is so professionally maintained. You just need to kickstart the activity and feel the amazing adrenaline rush within yourself.
Anyways, if you are from India or are planning to travel to India then don’t miss such a wonderful chance of enjoying this very relaxed and encouraging activity.
It will surely be a wonderful lifetime experience of skydiving. Just don’t forget to thank the entire team for motivating you and make you do it.
Diving in the skies would be an unforgettable amazing feeling, though it entails a lot of danger.
The jumper diving out of the plane needs to be about 10,000 feet above the ground and the diver’s life completely depends upon a parachute.
If you always want to have such a wonderful experience, but you are scared of it. Then come here and try it once.
The bitter fact is that everyone can appreciate this sport with no danger or fear.
Don’t worry so much. There are so many superb locations, very friendly, and nicely experienced trainers out here in India.
Anyways, if you’re seeking to take into the blue heavens, all you have to do is come here and jump from a perfectly fine airplane.
Go skydiving!!! Just have a great experience. Feel the rush 🙂
Places to do Skydiving in India
Let’s first answer one of the most asked questions.
Where to do skydiving in India?
There are so many places to do skydiving in India. There are places like Deesa, Mysore, Dhana, Pondicherry, Aamby Valley, Hyderabad, Aligarh, etc. to enjoy the best of the Skydiving experinece in India. Aamby Valley in Maharashtra, India is considered the best location for doing Skydiving in India.
Here is the list of places to do skydiving in India:
Deesa is a city in Gujarat. There is a certified drop-zone in Deesa that makes Gujarat the first India state to have a certified drop-zone.
Deesa proceeded to become the nation’s first skydiving place. Each year, the town becomes a host to many skydiving events.
The height of the fall is from 3,000 to 4,000 feet above. You can enjoy almost all kinds of skydiving here all around the year.
Mysore is a very popular city in Karnataka. It is also one of the best places to do skydiving.
Situated at the bottom of the Chamundi Hills, Mysore is among the best areas to get the greatest skydiving adventures in India.
You can enjoy both the Tandem Jump and Accelerated Free Fall types of skydiving here in Mysore and feel the thrill.
Dhana is a beautiful town located in Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh.
The location has an airstrip where many operators arrange skydiving camps.
Skydiving is so fantastic here when skydivers take pleasure while diving in the huge stretches of landscape in the region.
Love a freefall out of 4000 feet over, gazing the stunning landscape beneath. Then skydiving in Dhana is best for you.
Pondicherry is a Union Territory bounded by the southeastern Tamil Nadu state.
You can live the adventure while trying the options of Tandem Jump as well as Static Jumps.
Here, skydiving operators arrange frequent camps as appropriate based on the weather as per the requirement of the people.
For Static Jump, the height of the jump is from 4,000 feet above and the minimum age requirement is 18 years.
Whereas for the Tandem Jump, the minimum age requirement is 18 years and the height of the jump is from 10,000 feet above.
Aamby Valley is located in the Pune district of Maharashtra, India. It is one of the best skydiving spots in India.
If you like to do Tandem Jumps then, this place is for you. This place feels like heaven for skydivers.
You’re able to absorb the scenic surrounding of Aamby Valley while taking a pleasure skydive.
You can either take the yearly membership or visit here once to enjoy skydiving once as per your choice.
Hyderabad is the capital of southern India’s Telangana state. It is also a famous skydiving spot in India.
Skydiving training sessions are conducted here near the Nagarjuna Sagar Airport which is located 150 km away from the city Hyderabad. This session will continue for about 3-4 days.
This very spot is popular for doing Static Jumps from a possible height of about 4,000 feet.
You have to take time out and visit this place for skydiving and satisfy yourself while having the birds-eye view of the beautiful town.
List of available Skydiving types in India
Based on the type of jump there are 3 types of Skydiving in India:
Tandem skydiving is the most popular type amongst newbies and the first-time skydivers. As a tandem skydiving student, you’re going to be connected to an experienced tandem skydiving instructor.
This type of skydiving is done from a height of about 3,000-4,000 feet above the ground.
This is indeed the easiest type of skydiving in India. You will be connected to the instructor by means of a harness. You both jump together utilizing exactly the same parachute and the instructor pulls the cord and manages your skydiving experience.
It is totally the instructor’s job to run the gear and operate all the types of equipment. Your job is to enjoy the adventure and nothing much.
Wait! There’s a twist. This will be a short Skydrive of something about 30 minutes approx.
It’s the time you will learn all about the body postures, exit position that you need to maintain during skydiving. You will learn all that is required for freefall and the importance of lifting your legs for landing.
Tandem Skydiving is indeed a great way to experience skydiving, without any experience and tough training. You just need to enjoy the views, breathe in the atmosphere, and experience each minute of this unbelievable jump.
Static Line Skydiving
Static Line Skydiving is the most popular and conventional method to understand to skydive. This type of skydiving is done from a height of about 3,000-4,000 feet above the ground.
You must at least take a complete training course to do Static Line Skydiving. Then you will be fit to jump from as high as 3,000-4,000 feet height.
While doing Static Line Skydiving, you’ll be all alone. However, you will be linked to the aircraft using a cord.
You will be jumping from a height of about 3,000 feet above from the aircraft. The parachute will automatically open something at about 3-6 seconds after the freefall jump. All these will be done under the professional guidance of your instructor.
You need not open the parachute after the freefall. There will be a stationary line connecting to the aircraft and the jumpers’ parachute.
After jumping from the aircraft the line pulls and brings off a cover off the parachute and releases it and thus the parachute opens automatically some seconds later.
This technique of opening the parachute is followed during the Static Line Skydiving.
This thrilling first jump course can be the first step that leads you into becoming a fully qualified skydiver.
Accelerated Freefall Skydiving
Accelerated Freefall Skydiving, is also a different type of skydiving done by new skydivers during their moderate level of training.
This type of skydiving is done from a height of about 10,000 feet above the ground.
It is so-called as it’s possibly the most effective means to learn how to skydive better and then the best way possible.
During this type of skydive, you will learn all you need to know about flying your entire body, deploying your parachute and landing yourself safely to the ground.
You will also learn about the tips and things you need to do when everything does not happen quite to plan and so that you could do an emergency landing.
Here, in this type of skydiving, you will jump off the plane and you will be accompanied by two highly experienced instructors who’ll hold you.
As you advance more and more throughout the jumps, they will release you slowly and you will learn about your ability to fly independently all alone.
In the end, you will have only one instructor and at the very end no instructor to help you.
Then you’re going to complete your skydiving experience in which you will be all alone and doing your free fall.
It’s among the most difficult adventures of skydiving in India. Anyways, you should definitely give it a try with a proper and adequate level of training.
Best time to do Skydiving in India
If you are like most of the very first time jumpers we have met, your initial skydive is a huge deal and you will always want to get as much experience as you can from your very first jump.
It’s really not a big deal finding out the best time to skydive here in India. While we are sure that if you do it, your very first jump will probably be so much amazing.
No matter what, there are some pros and cons of skydiving in each season. Although skydiving in India is done all throughout the year without any much worries.
However, we will be very straight to the point and will distinctly discuss the very best time or seasons to do a skydive in India.
Throughout the summer, the days are longer and you will eventually get some stunning weather conditions that are ideal for jumping and enjoy your adventure at its best.
The air over the dropzone is chill throughout the summertime, with seasoned jumpers holding and catching each other.
You can also see many men and women that come down simply to spectate the skydiver all round the sky during this season of the year. All of it makes for a very wonderful experience.
Just one important thing that you need to take note is that the weather in the summer can be extremely warm, so make sure you pack your hats and sunscreen, etc. all along with you.
This season can be an extremely busy season to do a skydive in India. Just make sure that you plan and pre-book your adventure a week or so ago.
Skydiving in monsoon season will surely be a fantastic start to your year. It will make you’ll remember this adventure for the rest of your life.
We get some gorgeous sky in the spring. While the sky could be a bit cloudy during the monsoon season, and once the clouds are off, we are apt to see quite an open, clear, and sunny sky.
This feeling makes monsoon time the best for having an amazing skydiving experience.
Although this season is a very best time, there may be some instances in which your skydive may be delayed because of adverse weather conditions and heavy rainfall.
Don’t worry if such a case happens then rebook your adventure at another best time. Your operator will surely help you guide through the necessary steps.
Skydiving in winter will be, as you would expect, somewhat colder. However, warmer temperatures will arrive during the day time with better skies and sunsets that can take your breath away.
Even though it can be chillier for some, while the cold temperature rarely affects the others.
The fact is that the first-time skydivers are so much excited and going to be so indulged within the adventure of skydiving that it’s unlikely that they will notice the cold.
Additionally, this season of the year is somewhat quieter amongst the skydivers than other times of the year.
Overall in a summary, the winter season of the year is somewhat good to enjoy skydiving in India. It’s always best to do Tandem Skydiving during this season.
So, What’s your decision?
Just remember that picking the best time to skydive comes down to one’s personal taste and availability.
Hopefully, this summary of the seasonal advantages and disadvantages of skydiving that are mentioned above will helpfully allow you to decide on a jump date that is ideal for you.
Skydiving cost in India
Overall Average Cost of Skydiving in India
Skydiving TypeAverage CostTandem Skydiving₹ 27,000-35,000Static Line Skydiving₹ 16,000-18,000Accelerated Freefall Skydiving₹ 2,50,000
Cost of Skydiving in Deesa, Gujarat
Skydiving TypeAverage CostTandem Skydiving₹ 33,000-35,000Static Line Skydiving₹ 16,500Accelerated Freefall Skydiving₹ 37,000-40,000
Cost of Skydiving in Mysore, Karnataka
Skydiving TypeAverage CostTandem Skydiving₹ 35,000Accelerated Freefall Skydiving₹ 2,50,000
Cost of Skydiving in Dhana, Madhya Pradesh
Skydiving TypeAverage CostTandem Skydiving₹ 35,000-37,000Static Line Skydiving₹ 23,000-26,500
Cost of Skydiving in Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
Skydiving TypeAverage CostTandem Skydiving₹ 27,000Static Line Skydiving₹ 18,000
Cost of Skydiving in Aamby Valley, Maharashtra
Skydiving TypeAverage CostTandem Skydiving₹ 20,000-25,000
Cost of Skydiving in Hyderabad, Telangana
Skydiving TypeAverage CostTandem Skydiving₹ 33,000-35,000Accelerated Freefall Skydiving₹ 2,45,000
Rules & Restrictions to follow
ATOAI has led down some. Check this out:
- The person who is skydiving should not be addicted to drugs.
- It is strictly prohibited to smoke, drink alcohol, or take drugs before skydiving.
- The aircraft used for jumping should be equipped with a two-way radio communication system.
- The weather with visibility of about 5 km or more is required for skydiving.
- #You must be at least 18 years or more to do skydiving.
- Carry your valid photo id proofs, driver’s license, an ID card with photo, passport, PAN Card, Aadhar card, or any other identification documents before skydiving.
- Skydiving should only be conducted under the guidance of an experienced and qualified instructor.
- The instructor must have a license from Indian Parachuting Federation or any other National Parachuting Federation like BPA, APA, USPA.
- All participating skydivers need to read the Skydiver’s Information Manual and all Central, State, and local regulations and principles pertaining to skydiving.
- Weight and BMI (Body Mass Index) with clothing and sports shoes must not exceed the maximum safety requirements.
- When performing night-time jumps, every skydiver should switch ON a light that’s visible for a minimum of three miles during the time till the jumper is under an open parachute before landing.
- People must get extra education, guidelines, and knowledge regarding the various emergency procedures and deployment-specific advice before jumping.
- All the people engaging in skydiving should take a certificate of physical fitness from a registered doctor before skydiving.
- It is strictly prohibited for patients with epilepsy, heart problems, bone injuries, acute asthma, high blood pressure, fear of height, or if you are pregnant.
- The proper knowledge and surface winds must be known to the skydiver before doing skydiving.
- For Tandem skydive you need to have a maximum weight of 100kgs. And, the maximum Body Mass Index (BMI ) need to be 33.95.
Pro tips on Skydiving in India
- Don’t eat too much. Eat a moderate and healthful breakfast before skydiving.
- Get good hours of sleep before skydiving.
- Wear the right athletic and comfortable clothes, sneakers/sport shoes. Sandals, high heels, and shirts with collars won’t be allowed. In the majority of cases, your operator will provide you with the required clothing.
- Be ready to wait. Keep the tracks of the wind and the weather forecast. Skydiving is a very weather dependent game.
- If you are a lady and might want a female tandem instructor/guide, then kindly enquire about it to the adventure operator.
- You do not have to be an athlete for a skydiver. If your weight is below the limit and you also live a typical healthier lifestyle, then everything is fine.
- Know the guidelines, rules, and all the other required information about skydiving. Properly take the well-equipped training that will be provided to you before doing skydiving.
- Learn how to use the equipment properly and familiarize yourself with the necessary gears.
- Take proper certifications from an experienced doctor and make sure that you are medically fit for skydiving.
- If you have Acrophobia, that’s the fear of height, then don’t ever do skydiving. Note it down.
- Investigate if the instructor or the skydiving coach who will be flying with you has the necessary certifications.
- Properly browse the internet and do adequate research before trying out something new and challenging such as skydiving.
Skydiving experience in India
- Your experience begins as you book your Skydiving Adventure either online or offline from your suitable skydive operator.
- You’ll be asked to fill in the required documents and also have a concise medical checkup which involves measuring and weighing your BMI.
- Your instructor cum flight partner will meet you somewhat half an hour before the flight. He/She will give you brief instructions and guide you about the jump and all other necessary things out there.
- They will eventually check your harness, provide you the clothes and wearables, and will also provide you with all the other necessary instructions. Be sure to understand these before going for the flight.
- Soon, you will get on the flight and will reach the necessary altitude after 10-20 minutes of the fly.
- Now, it’s time for you to jump along with your instructor. The height of the jump depends on the type of skydive you will be doing. Read the ‘Types of Skydiving in India’ section above for proper information.
- After free-falling from the aircraft, your parachute will be deployed within the next 6-10 seconds.
- Over the course of time, you may gently descend towards the ground. This is the high time for you. You will be enjoying such spectacular and beautiful aerial views of the place from the high sky.
- Enjoy the slow descending to the ground and enjoy the adrenaline rush and thrill within yourself during this course of the time.
- After you reach the ground, the experience will come to its end.
- And yeah! This isn’t over yet. If you have captured the whole moments in your camera then, you will love to remember it and watch the moments come back to life again in the near future.
- That’s what so incredible and awesome. Go back to the past. Remember the moments and relish yourself with the memories of this once in a lifetime experience.
The Art Of Flight With BASE Jumping Wingsuit Pilot Roberta Mancino
In this film we sit down with Roberta Mancino who is the worlds premier female BASE jumping wing suit pilot. She also teaches sky diving, shark dives and is a stunt woman for Marvel. Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a thing.
Aerial Footage :